Monday, 12 January 2009
INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF SOUND AND AUDIOVISUAL ARCHIVES (IASA)
20 - 25 SEPTEMBER 2009
CALL FOR PAPERS
2009 IASA CONFERENCE: “Towards a new kind of Archive? The Digital Philosophy in Audiovisual Archives”
Submission Deadline: January 30th 2009
The Organising Committee of the IASA 2009 Annual Conference invites presentation proposals for the 40th IASA Annual Conference, to be held September 20-25, 2009, in Athens, Greece, hosted by the Hellenic National Audiovisual Archive.
Presentation proposals are due January 30th, 2009, on the following themes:
* Archives, Libraries and Museums. Moment of Truth - Time to Converge?
* The disappearing Archive I: the loss of physical substance through digitisation
* The disappearing Archive II: aging and physical deterioration of analogue media
* The disappearing Archive III: obsolete carriers but no replay equipment
* Born to die? Selection policies in the 21st century
* Between archivists and users, taking advantage of the archive
* Digital preservation and audiovisual preservation: Is there a divide?
* 40 years of IASA
* The role of the National Audiovisual Archives
* Archiving the web and the new media audiovisual content
* Ethics of digital archives
Please find all conference information as well as the submission form on the conference website:
Presenters will be notified of acceptance by March 15, 2009.
IASA offers travel grants ( http://www.iasa-web.org/travel_grant.asp
), the chance of which increases if you present a paper! And even more if you or your institution is a IASA-member.
Many developping countries now qualify for half-price institutional membership in IASA! (see http://www.iasa-web.org/rates.asp
for membership information)