23 - 24 JUNE 2010
CALL FOR PAPERS
The call for papers can be read in full at the conference web page, URL:
Broad topics for papers may include, but are not limited to:
* 19th- and early 20th-century music publishing history
* Plate number chronologies
* Creation and significance of digital resources for research in the field
* Comparative studies: editions and performance practices
* Editions with significant MS annotation
* Music archives
* Studies of individual editor-performers
* The use of early recordings
* Illustrated papers exploring the practical application of this research
The conference will include a performance given by the LUCHIP ensemble (Leeds University Centre for Historically Informed Performance), followed by a round table discussion. It is hoped to provide assistance for postgraduate students to attend.
Please email proposals for papers to Dr. George Kennaway, at g.w.kennaway at leeds.ac.uk, no later than March 15th 2010.